Friday, April 5, 2013

Vegan Pancake Recipe

I thought I'd start off with one of our favorite recipes...vegan pancakes!!!! Who doesn't love a good pancake breakfast?! No one that's who! It's easy, fast and tastes delicious :)


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of flour ( you could substitute different flours to make this gluten free, I especially like coconut flour and brown rice flour)

3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder

1 tablespoon of sugar

A dash of salt

1 1/2 cups of soy or almond milk

1 flax egg*

*If you are new to vegan cooking or just here trying healthier recipes, you probably have no idea what a flax egg is. Don't worry, I didn't either when we started out ;) take one tablespoon of ground flax (easy to find, even Walmart has it) and mix it with three tablespoons of water. Let it sit for a few minutes and it will turn into a gel like consistency, my daughter especially loves this part! That's it! Now you have a MUCH healthier option to substitute eggs in any recipe :)

I like to mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ones. This makes a thicker batter and I usually add a tad bit more milk to thin it out, but that's completely up to you!

Heat your griddle or non stick frying pan over medium heat. Scoop your batter into the pan and brown on both sides.

And then you end up with this......


 TA DAAAAA!!!!

I hear angels singing just looking at this picture ;) In all seriousness, they are so easy to make and delicious!! I hope you give them a try and love them as much as we do. Until next time...


All my love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Happy Wife, Vegan Life. Powered by